Talking Contact-Lens With Your Plano Opthalmologist
Contact lenses are great in a lot of ways. They’re convenient, don’t break as easily as glasses and are considered by many to be more attractive than glasses. However, contacts aren’t automatically a picnic, especially when they lead to vision problems or other types of eye trouble.
If you’re been suffering from burning, itching, redness or other symptoms of contact lens-related problems, get in touch with us. Your discomfort can be temporary, so talk to us at Texas Eye Surgeons today.
Why Do You Need Qualified Ophthalmology Services in Plano, TX
If you’re looking for ophthalmology experts in Plano, TX, look no further. Our state-of-the-art practice specializes in medical and surgical eye diseases, as well as in a variety of other eye troubles. One of our areas of expertise is contact lens-related problems.
We’ve seen firsthand how miserable improper contact lens fits, infections and dryness can make our patients. That’s why as part of our commitment to excellence, we are determined to help you in any way we can to improve your situation. In many cases, we can help you find the right treatment so you can continue to wear contacts. To find out more, come talk to our ophthalmology specialists in Plano, TX.
Common Contact-Lens Related Problems
While there are a number of eye conditions related to problems with your contact lenses, here are a few of the most common:
• Dry eye: The eye does not produce enough tears, leading to itching, redness and discomfort.
• Blepharitis: This bacterial infection can start with or without contacts, but is often trapped under the lens, which worsens it.
• Hypoxia: This decreased oxygen to the cornea, often caused by contact lens blockage, which can cause hazy vision and swelling.
• Corneal scratches: Scratches on the surface of the eye can be painful and can occur by using hard lenses as well as contact with your nails or other objects.
• Corneal infection or ulcer: This is frequently caused by injury to the eye and wearing contacts can worsen it.
• Contact lens solution allergy: Using a contact lens solution with irritants or allergens in it can cause mild to severe reactions.
Many of these medical conditions can be resolved while still allowing you to wear contacts. We take a variety of different approaches to ensure that you find the exact right solution for you.
What to Do About Contact Lens Problems
First and foremost, we must ensure that your condition is properly diagnosed. Only then can we be sure our course of treatment will correct it. To this end, we will review your medical history and run any tests necessary to determine the cause of your contact lens-related problem.
In some cases, the problem may be related to a medication or the type of contact lens you’re using. In other cases, it may be an acute infection or trauma to the eye that requires antibiotics or healing. In other cases, surgery may be advised. No matter what you need, we’ll make sure you get what you need so you can be on your way to better health as soon as possible.
Make An Appointment Today With A Trusted Eye Specialist
Whether you need laser eye surgery or simply want to talk to the most experienced eye surgeons in Plano, Texas, please call Texas Eye Surgeons at 972-379-3937. We would be happy to advise you on the best step forward, or schedule an appointment for you today. Let Texas Eye Surgeons restore your quality of life today!