Experience Our Comprehensive Eye Care Services at Texas Eye Surgeons in Plano, TX
At Texas Eye Surgeons, Plano, our Ophthalmic team is proud to treat a variety of eye health conditions in men, women, children, and seniors!
Conditions Treated by Our Doctors of Ophthalmology & Optometry
Eye conditions can occur at any age, and often don’t show early warning signs. At our eye care clinic in Plano, our doctors of ophthalmology & optometry screen for and manage a variety of conditions:
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD): the center of your retina thins and breaks down due either an overgrowth of small leaky blood vessels behind the retina (“wet” AMD) or the proliferation of small yellow growths called drusen (“dry” AMD)
- Glaucoma: damage to the optic nerve that is either caused by or related to an increase in inner eye pressure
- Cataracts: a clouding over of the clear lens in your eye can cause you to have blurry vision or see halos around bright lights
- Keratoconus: this condition typically starts in late teens to young adulthood and can progress for several years; the dome-shaped cornea becomes more conical shaped, which impairs the way light enters the eye
- Diabetic Retinopathy: damage to the retina as a result of chronically elevated blood sugar levels
- Chronic Dry Eye Syndrome: if your eyes don’t have sufficient amount or quality of tears covering them at all times, they can become dry and susceptible to infection and irritation
- Eye Allergy: many substances can irritate the delicate eye tissue and lead to an over-the-top immune response, leading to symptoms such as itchiness, wateriness, and redness
- Pterygium (surfer’s eye): also known as an eye web, this growth can cover the cornea due to excessive UV radiation exposure
- Astigmatism and other refractive errors: abnormalities in the curve of the eye and/or lens can alter the way light enters the eye, causing it to focus in front of or “behind” the retina
- Blepharitis or conjunctivitis: inflammation of the eyelids or conjunctiva (mucous membrane on the outside of the eye and inside of the eyelids)
Common Eye Disease Treatments Provided
Our team at Texas Eye Surgeons offers a range of comprehensive services for eye disease management, including:
- Cataract removal
- Pterygium removal
- Medicated eye drops to relieve inflammation, reduce inner eye pressure, restore moisture, etc.
- Prescription eyewear and low vision strategies to correct for impaired eyesight
- LASIK eye surgery and advanced refractive procedures to correct refractive errors
Struggling with a Vision Problem? Connect with our Ophthalmologist in Plano, TX Today!
This list is not all-inclusive, so if you have an eye condition, we encourage you to contact us at (972) 379-3937 and schedule an appointment with our ophthalmologist or optometrist in Plano!